The Board of Directors of the Nova Scotia Golf Association is proposing changes to the existing bylaws. These changes will be voted on at the NSGA Annual General Meeting. The current NSGA bylaws can be found by clicking here. If approved the bylaws would take effect on January 1, 2019.
The Strategic Committee was tasked with reviewing and updating our Bylaws, Policies, Procedures and Terms of Reference. The first step was the Bylaws and it has been completed for implementation January 1, 2019. The Proposed Bylaw-2 January 1, 2019 maintains all of the appropriate details that were in the Bylaw-1 October 28, 2012. As you will see that there are very few changes in content, rather the format, presentation and wording have been streamlined to more modern language.
- Adding the Objectives of the NSGA from the Memorandum of Association
- Remove areas that detailed Policies or Terms of Reference.
- Align topics to make the Bylaw easily read and understood.
- Creation of two new Committees (Strategic Planning and Heritage)
- Bring our Bylaw in line with Golf Canada and Sport NS requirements.
- Restructure the Format of the Bylaw.