Golf Coach Development
Looking at getting more involved in junior golf at your facility? Want to help your PGA of Canada professional with his or her Junior Golf Programming?
This 2-day workshop is designed for the Community Golf Coach who is, or would like to, work with children or youth and is introducing the basic skills of golf. The goal is to help prepare YOU to be competent in the skills required by a community coach.
Additional Training & Resources
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) provides standardized, inclusive, and safe sport education to coaches and coach developers across 65 sports. The CAC manages and delivers NCCP training through its partner network of 65 National Sport Organizations and Provincial/Territorial Sport Organizations.
NCCP Multi-sport Training Modules cover topics relevant to all sports and will help you become a more effective coach.
Below are a list of of modules that may help with your golf coach development:
- Aboriginal Coaching Module 2: Dealing with Racism in Sport
- NCCP Coaching & Leading Effectively
- NCCP Design a Basic Sport Program
- NCCP Developing Athletic Abilities
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan
- NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
- NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- NCCP Manage a Sport Program
- NCCP Managing Conflict
- NCCP Performance Planning
- NCCP Planning a Practice
- NCCP Prevention & Recovery
- NCCP Sport Nutrition
- NCCP Teaching & Learning
- Safe Sport Training
What is our objective in coaching?
Every participant in Nova Scotia has a quality coach.
- Understand the needs of coaches at the community to high performance level.
- Improve support and services to coaches at all levels.
- Provide options for continued learning and engagement beyond certification.
- Recognize and celebrate coaches.
- Share best practices between PSOs.