NSGA Junior Development Camps
The NSGA Development Camps, in partnership with the NSGA Regional Development Centers, is a province wide initiative focused on identifying and developing Nova Scotia’s next wave of top golfers.
Over the course of 2-days, invited athletes will receive training opportunities, enhanced coaching, sport science support, and a personalized assessments to help them attain their goals for the competitive season and beyond.
Camps will be facilitated by Anne Balser, NSGA Technical Director & member of the PGA of Canada, with assistance from professional coaches from the CSCA, trained in mental performance, strength & conditioning, and nutrition.
Program Areas of Focus
- Golf specific training & assessments
- On course training & management
- Physical training
- Mental game preparation & goal setting
- On/Off season training
- National Testing Protocols testing
- Tournament preparation
- Nutrition – pre & during competition
Athlete Eligibility & Selection
- Athletes must not have reached their 19th birthday as of August 1st, of the current year.
- Athletes must be a member of a NSGA member facility, and be in good standing with the NSGA and Golf Canada.
- Invites will be issued based on the NSGA Player of the Year rankings to athletes from the U19, U17 & U15 divisions.
- Invited athletes must be from the same region as the development camp host club.
- e.g. Host club is River Hills G & CC, top juniors who live within 1.5 hours of that location will be invited.
- If a player declines a spot in the camp, the invitation will be given to the next top player on the POY rankings.
- When there are not enough players from one region to fill a camp, the NSGA may consult with local clubs as to which junior players will receive an invitation.
Canadian Sport Center Atlantic – Sport Science Program
The Nova Scotia Sport Science Program, led by the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic, provides sport science support to high performance programs, and teams identified by their Provincial Sport Organization to support coaches and athletes in their athletic goals.
In this program the CSCA will provide sport science expertise for provincial program, including mental training, nutrition, exercise physiology/planning, as well as strength and conditioning. Each discipline of the CSCA Integrated Support Team (IST) is an essential component for athletes training at an elite level.
While the NSGA has budgeted to cover a significant portion of the funds required to operate this program. To ensure that we are able to deliver a quality experience for athletes, there will be a fee associated with participating in a NSGA Development Camp.
Fees will cover participant lunches, swag, stats books, etc.
Registration Fee: $145.00
COVID Protocols & Cancellation Policy
- The NSGA is compliant with all NS Government and Public Health protocols in regards to our programming. Including but not limited to gathering limits, restricted travel, and physical distancing.
- The NSGA will assess each development camp on the Monday prior to the camp, as to whether we can run the camp safely, and with how many participants.
- Credit cards will not be charged until this date, and only if the camp is able to run.
- CSCA workshops will be conducted virtually.
- The number of participants will be limited to the gathering limit in place at the time of the camp, including coaches.
Camp Locations & Dates
Camp 1: River Hills G & CC
Dates: June 19-20, 2021
Camp 2: Paragon G & CC
Dates: July 17-18
Camp 3: TBD