NSGA Player of the Year
The NSGA Player of the Year program is used to identify and give recognition to top-performing male and female amateur golfers in Nova Scotia during the competitive golf season. A point system is used, based on approved tournament scores and results, to objectively rank each individual’s performance. The goal of the NSGA Player of the Year is to provide Nova Scotia’s top male and female amateur players a competitive comparison to their counterparts across the province and award those who finished top in the province.
2022 Player of the Year – Current Standings
|Men’s Awards||Women’s Awards|
|Senior Men’s Player of the Year||Senior Women’s Player of the Year|
|Amateur Men’s Player of the Year||Amateur Women’s Player of the Year|
|U19 Boys Player of the Year||U19 Girls Player of the Year|
|U17 Boys Player of the Year||U17 Girls Player of the Year|
|U15 Boys Player of the Year||U15 Girls Player of the Year|
NSGA Player of the Year Rules & Regulations
To submit the results for a NSGA Player of the Year event, clubs MUST provide the following formation via results website, excel spreadsheet, or scanned document:
- Host Club
- Tournament Name
- Field Size
- Divisions (only divisions eligible for POY awards, No net scores)
- Yardages for EACH division
- Complete tournament results – overall gross scores only (do not separate into handicap divisions)
Results required are based on field size:
- 80+ competitors = results for top 80
- 61-80 competitors = results for top 60
- 46-60 competitors = results for top 44
- 33-45 competitors = results for top 32
- 21-32 competitors = results for top 20
- 11-20 competitors = results for top 11
- 10 or fewer competitors = results for top 8
- If tie for 1st – was there a playoff? If no, winner by retrogression.
If any of the above information is missing, the results will be deemed incomplete and the points for the event will not be allocated. Once all the appropriate information is submitted, points will be awarded.
For events to be included in the current year POY awards, results must be submitted prior to November 1 of the current season. Results submitted after this date are deemed late and will not be included in POY awards.
Only Individual stroke play events are eligible for Player of the Year points.
Events must be one of the following: club events within Nova Scotia, a Provincial Association Championships, or Golf Canada sanctioned Championships.
All events on the Golf Canada Order of Merit will be valued the same point value as the OOM. All MID- Amateur and Senior events will be allocated the same points as their respective amateur events. (e.g. NSGA Men’s Senior will be valued the same as the NSGA Men’s Amateur.)
- Club events not recognized by the Golf Canada OOM, will have a starting value of 500 points. The NSGA Player of the Year point allocation grid used to administer points will be dependant on field size.
- A maximum of ten (10) tournaments from the period of September 2020-October 31 of the current season will count for points on the NSGA Player of the Year award. A player may play in more than ten (10) events on the tournament listing, but only their best ten (10) events will count for points.
- Competitors playing in a different age divisions than their actual division (e.g. juniors competing in amateur events), points earned will be allocated towards the NSGA Player of the Year standings in which the tournament is designated.
- Pee-Wee’s (U13) and divisions playing a “short course” (e.g. under 5000 yards) will not be eligible for NSGA Player of the Year points.
- Bantam divisions playing a shorter yardage will receive a deducted point value for each event (200 max value). The point allocation grid used to administer points will also be dependant on field size.
- If a player ages out of an age category during the POY competitive season (e.g., Junior to Amateur), their points earned will carry over with them to the new age category.
Breaking of Ties
- If two or more players tie for a position, other than first place, the points will be shared. For example: two players tied for 2nd will share the average of 2nd and 3rd place points.
- If there is a tie for first place, and a playoff is NOT completed, retrogression will determine who is awarded first place points. If a playoff is completed, the winner of the playoff will be awarded first place points.
Junior Quota Spot Allocation
- Junior team selection will be based on the results of the respective Provincial Championship: The top 3 competitors will comprise the team. Any and all remaining quota spots will be allocated based on the Player of the Year Rankings.
- To be eligible for a quota spot, competitors MUST play in their respective Provincial Championship and the NextGen Atlantic Championship.
- NSGA Player of the Year – Official Document
- NSGA Player of the Year – Point Allocation Chart
- NSGA Player of the Year – Results Form (excel)
- NSGA Player of the Year – Results Form (word)
- NSGA Player of the Year Tournament List
- Golf Canada OOM Point – Allocation Charts
- NSGA Junior Competitions Page
- Women’s Competition Page
- Men’s Competition Page